Goals & Objectives
Black Women for Wellness aims to expand healthcare access, reduce toxic hair care chemicals that are prevalent in our community and build political advocacy in California and beyond.
- Increase accessible, appropriate and affordable health services that positively impact the health outcomes for Black women and girls,
- Build the personal, communal and political power of Black women and girls within California by influencing public policy, organizing, and outreach,
- Expand capacity of our leadership to direct resources and validate Black women's and girls' experience,
- Strengthen and build BWW's internal infrastructure to optimally support its mission.
"To make our collective vocation the building and developing of our community in order to restore our people to their traditional greatness." Dr. Maulana Karenga
- Conduct, gather and share research on the history and current challenges and issues of Black women’s health,
- Train speakers for panel discussions, academic lectures and organizational programs on all aspects of Black women’s health,
- Provide health education and information on strategies to prevent illness and to maintain and restore health,
- Refer women to culturally sensitive health providers and counseling services,
- Advocate for African women’s health through membership on boards, commissions and task forces,
- Publish information and educational materials from Black women’s perspective.