FUND RAISING COMMITTEE
- Coordinate with other organizations and foundations for local philanthropic dollars.
- Schedule fundraising efforts that best capture the attention, hearts and funds of the community.
- The Fund Raising Committee meets at least once a month via telephone conference calls and more often if determined necessary based upon the scope of work.
- To develop and implement recruitment and retention programs with support of staff.
- To identify the universe of potential members and recommend to the Board specific programs targeting major constituencies who are prospective members.
- To review with staff the existing database and membership services and continuously strive to increase the value of membership and the quality of membership development efforts.
- The Membership Committee meets at least once a month via telephone conference calls and more often if determined necessary based upon the scope of work.
COMMUNICATIONS/PUBLIC RELATIONS COMMITTEE
- Ensure effective communications with internal and external audiences.
- Evaluate methods of communication between national, states and members.
- Develop alternative methods of communication including use of new technology.
- Provide oversight and guidance for BWW’s Web Sites, e-news, newsletter and social networking sites.
- The Communications Committee meets at least once a month via telephone conference calls and more often if determined necessary based upon the scope of work.
To put together a kit of BWW Program items, green-living tips and savings coupons from our beloved vendors that support Black Women for Wellness for the purpose of fund raising.
- Phone calls may need to be made to BWW vendors.
- Word processing skills may be needed.
- Skills for graphics layout may be needed.
- General artistic skills may be needed.
- The Wellness-in-a-Box Committee meets in-person, at the Black Women for Wellness office at least twice per month to work on creating and putting together these items.