Heart Disease is the number one killer of Black women. Obesity and lack of exercise are two of the leading causes of Heart Disease. Sisters in Motion assists women in setting fitness goals, weight loss, nutrition and exercise.
- Participate in the walking groups
- Become empowered by the sisterhood as we encourage and support each other
- Receive new recipes and health tips weekly
- Once a month a guest will share their knowledge and expertise that will assist us in creating our own fitness plan
- Enjoy the Sisters in Motion start up kit when you enroll
- Walking is one of the easiest ways to exercise. You can do it almost anywhere and at any time. Walking is also inexpensive. All you need is a pair of comfortable shoes!
- Give you more energy
- Make you feel good
- Help you to relax
- Reduce stress
- Help you sleep better
- Tone your muscles
How to start your program:
- Walk from home, try not to drive to walk, it impedes the daily routine
- Plan your route, drive it or measure to ensure it is a mile
- Start with a mile and increase your distance as you build up your endurance
- Stretch before and after you walk.
- Be consistent (same route, same time – something regular to establish routine and increase safety)
- Don’t think about it, JUST DO IT!!
Black Women for Wellness challenges you to take the One a Day pledge.