Position: Office Coordinator
Supervisor: Deputy Executive Director
Work Schedule: 40 hrs./week (Monday – Friday)
Travel Required: Minimal
Expected Hours: 40 hrs
Salary Range: $46,000 - $52,000
Primary Job Functions:
- Clerical Support
- Logistical Support
- Customer Support
- Programmatic and Administrative Support
- Assist in program and organizational fundraising (Grants, Sponsorships, Fee-for-Service, Special Events).
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates various office support services, including participating in the purchasing processes and selecting vendors.
- Fields telephone calls; makes sure messages get to the correct staff member in a timely and efficient manner.
- Receives and directs visitors; creates and maintains a professional, friendly atmosphere - maintains visitor sign in log.
- Greets customers, clients, and the general public.
- Programmatic and organizational data entry as needed.
- Assist with personnel and accounting record keeping.
- Assist with maintaining organizational database ad scrapbook.
- Coordinates BWW meeting spaces and managing schedules/calendar.
- Assists in event planning as needed including researching and reserving venues and other logistics.
- Assists with the setup and breakdown of Black Women for Wellness events.
- Completes and submits reports in a timely manner.
- Performs outreach in the community; represents Black Women for Wellness at community events.
- Responsible for inventory tracking of Black Women for Wellness health education and promotional materials, equipment and supply inventory.
- Ensures the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of the BWW office.
- Ensures general cleanliness of BWW offices including coordinating cleaning services. (But not responsible for cleaning after other staff).
- Assists administrative/execute team and other programs as assigned.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Working knowledge of office equipment, i.e. printers and fax machines.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular).
- Internet Research Abilities.
- Understanding of cash handling protocols.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Bachelor’s degree required; additional qualifications as an Administrative Assistant or Secretary is a plus.
- Sophisticated understanding of and familiarity with women’s, maternal child health, and minority health issues.
DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
How to Apply:
Candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a subject heading including their name, job title of interest and desired salary. Please include a cover letter. BWW will contact you for an interview if BWW believes you may be a good fit.