Position: Program Coordinator
Program: Environmental Research
Supervisor: SCRJ - Program Manager
Work Schedule: 40 hrs./week
Travel Required: Some nights & weekends as needed
Expected Hours: 40 hrs.
Salary Range: $46,000-$58,000
- Develop and coordinate BWW’s research projects with local beauty industry businesses & professionals.
- Responsible for the advocacy and guidance of BWW’s Environmental Justice Policy Agenda.
- Assist in program and organizational fundraising (Grants, Sponsorships, Fee-for-Service, Special Events).
- Responsible for advocacy and guidance of Black Women for Wellness environmental justice policy agenda.
- Community liaison with academic institutions, research institutions, boards and coalitions that partner with Black Women for Wellness in our environmental justice work.
- Submit articles for publication with journals, popular education and social media, abstracts to conferences and institutes on the environmental justice research and work of Black Women for Wellness.
- Implement a strong internship program with federal and local agencies that support both students and the organization with moving an environmental justice agenda forward in California/south Los Angeles.
- Institute a strong social media presence via webinars, twitter chats, snapchat, Instagram and other social media combined with traditional media that promotes our environmental justice work.
- Requires Bachelor's Degree in Public Health, Environmental Science or another related field.
- Requires two (2) to three (3) years of experience coordinating programs and providing educational workshops, presentations, and trainings.
- Requires two (2) to three (3) years of experience conducting community-based research within communities of color.
- Requires two (2) to three (3) years of experience conducting both quantitative and qualitative research.
DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
How to Apply:
Candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a subject heading including their name, job title of interest and desired salary. Please include a cover letter. BWW will contact you for an interview if BWW believes you may be a good fit.