Position: Program Coordinator
Program: Get Smart Before You Get Sexy, Sisters in Control Reproductive Justice (SCRJ) – Reproductive Justice
Supervisor: SCRJ - Program Manager
Work Schedule: 40 hrs./week
Travel Required: Yes
Expected Hours: 40 hrs.
Salary Range: $50,000 - $65,000
- Program planning and Implementation.
- Peer Educator supervision.
- Program Spokesperson and Liaison.
- Assist in program and organizational fundraising (Grants, Sponsorships, Fee-for-Service, Special Events).
- Develop and cultivate relationships within the Reproductive Justice community Los Angeles, California, and nationally.
- Conduct presentation, workshops and training about research data and reproductive health issues.
- Create flyers and other materials for outreach.
- Create and distribute educational materials on RJ issues.
- Supervise reproductive justice interns.
- Attend and participate in coalition collaborative work.
- Develop and train volunteers reproductive justice advocates.
- Some writing of blog post, op-ed on RJ work.
- Stay updated on environmental toxic related issues.
- Develop and maintain professional contact/relationships with Universities, community leaders as applicable.
- Cultivate relationships with community organizations, business and elected officials around reproductive health.
- Coordinate and handle administrative and logistical aspects of the program.
- Moderate travel throughout California and light national travel.
- Light community organizing with phone banking and canvassing.
- Coordinate and record and document project data as requested by Program Director and/or Supervisor.
- Maintain and update Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, Instagram or other social media sites.
- Tracking program expenses.
- Light community organization including phone banking and canvassing.
- Requires Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- Requires two (2) to three (3) years of experience coordinating programs and providing educational workshops, presentations, and trainings.
- Requires two (2) to three (3) years of experience conducting community-based research within communities of color.
- Requires two (2) to three (3) years of experience conducting both quantitative and qualitative research.
- Ability to relate to Black/African American communities as well as other diverse communities.
- Share BWW values and mission.
- Commitment to working with youth in a respectful and empowering way.
- Responsive to new ideas and situations.
- Sense of humor.
- Proficient with Microsoft office programs including: Word, Excel and PowerPoint, WordPress knowledge is plus.
- Proficient with online media tools including Facebook, twitter, Pinterest, WordPress and Tumblr.
- Self-starter and needs little supervision.
- Able to walk 5-10 minutes at a time.
- Must have outstanding oral and written communications skills, experience working with Black communities.
- Knowledge of south Los Angeles communities is a plus.
- Ability and interest in working with communities of color around toxic chemicals in personal products.
- Experience with databases (salesforce exp. plus).
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Team builder and ability to utilize team skills effectively.
- Accuracy and attention to detail essential.
- Ability to be flexible and work respectfully with a diverse group.
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Ability and willingness to travel to and visit schools, agencies and community meetings. Availability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends, as required.
- Requires a valid driver's license and a reliable and flexible means of transportation.
DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
How to Apply:
Candidates should email their resume to email@example.com, with a subject heading including their name, job title of interest and desired salary. Please include a cover letter. BWW will contact you for an interview if BWW believes you may be a good fit.