Position: Campaign Manager
Program: Sisters in Control Reproductive Justice – Civic Engagement
Supervisor: Program Manager, SCRJ
Work Schedule: 40 hrs./week (Monday – Friday)
Some nights & weekends as needed
Travel Required: Yes
Expected Hours: 40 hrs
Salary Range: $70,000 - $86,000
Primary Job Functions:
- Grow and manage Civic Engagement program.
- Assist in program and organizational fundraising (Grants, Sponsorships, Fee-for-Service, Special Events).
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent BWW in the community by maintaining relationships with schools, community-based organizations, unions, social and civic engagement organizations and other collaborations in relation to this project.
- Database management, supervision and entry
- Assist in organizing monthly community health conversations in South Los Angeles
- Coordinate with other program staff the facilitation of peer advocate training as necessary.
- Coordinate activities and/or meetings with staff from other programs and/or departments.
- Attend coalition and community meetings
- Develop and maintain professional contact/relationships with schools, community leaders as applicable.
- Tracking program expenses, developing and tracking budgets
- Coordinate and handle administrative and logistical aspects of the program.
- Light travel throughout California and nationally.
- Hire and manage temporary/seasonal employees.
- Heavy outreach work with community partners with the south Los Angeles area.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university.
- Requires two (2) to three (3) years of experience with on the ground field organizing work, including volunteer recruitment, running phone banking, and get out the vote methods or two cycles of paid election work.
- Ability to use Voter Activation Network (VAN) or Political Data Incorporated plus.
- Ability to synthesize and analyze data.
- Ability to relate to diverse communities including Black young adults.
- Share BWW values and mission.
- Responsive to new ideas and situations.
- Ability to understand complex issues and simplify them.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with others.
- Sense of humor.
- Proficient with Microsoft office programs including: Word, Excel and PowerPoint. WordPress knowledge is plus.
- Proficient with online media tools including Facebook, twitter, Pinterest, WordPress and Tumblr.
- Self-starter and needs little supervision.
- Willing to work weekends and/or evening.
- Reliable transportation.
- Able to walk 5-10 minutes at a time.
- Must have outstanding oral and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of Black communities/working with Black communities a plus.
- Strong oral/written skills.
DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
How to Apply:
Candidates should email their resume to email@example.com, with a subject heading including their name, job title of interest and desired salary. Please include a cover letter. BWW will contact you for an interview if BWW believes you may be a good fit.