The Anti-Recidivism Coalition and Black Women for Wellness seek an experienced Community Health Worker (CHW) who is passionate about creating healthy communities and reducing barriers to individuals accessing health care.
This position will raise awareness in our community on how to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to connect our membership and their families to health care, social services and COVID-19 testing when necessary. This position is a one-year grant, for the term of Spring/2021 through Spring/2022.
The position will bring awareness around COVID-prevention as well as support other efforts of ARC’s Mental Health and Wellness team. The CHW will be required to attend all necessary ARC meetings, weekly BWW staff meetings, and ensure that BWW and ARC’s values are reflected in the work. The CHW may also be required to participate in other ARC health advocacy efforts.
The CHW will report directly to Ellen Goldwasser, the Clinical & Wellness Director in ARC’s Los Angeles office.
Essential Job Functions:
- Attend, actively participate in, and may help facilitate monthly direct service case meetings, staff meetings, and member support meetings at ARC.
- Attend, actively participate in, and help facilitate weekly ARC member groups and trainings.
- Assist with developing health education groups to provide resources and information to members to better understand the impact of COVID and how to protect themselves
- Attend and actively participate in weekly BWW staff meetings (Tuesdays 1:30-3:00pm) and all other meetings pertaining to COVID-19 outreach and education.
- Timely respond to emails, calls, and slack messages from BWW staff, ARC supervisor and other ARC staff.
- Represent ARC and BWW in a professional manner at all times.
- Attend any other meetings that your supervisor assigns you to attend.
- Perform in- language outreach and education services virtually or in settings where our members may frequent when safety control measures and local directives permit, including: social media, online meeting platforms, texting, and phone-banking, neighborhood education teams, at COVID-19 testing sites, workplaces, places of worship, schools, homes, and other community- preferred events, locations, or distribution points. Outreach duties include disseminating information and other items (e.g., cloth face coverings) to increase awareness of and promote COVID-19 prevention activities within our community.
- Conduct case investigation and contact tracing to inform people who have been exposed to or are infected with COVID-19 about their risks and the need to isolate and quarantine, respectively.
- A college degree, or a combination of education and experience, in a related field (public health, social work, nursing, public policy)
- Personal lived experience in the criminal or juvenile justice systems preferred
- Minimum of one year of experience in community outreach or public health advocacy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Microsoft Outlook email and calendar system,
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and under supervision
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Bilingual preferred
Salary and Benefits:
The annual salary for the CHW will be $45,000-55,000 commensurate with education, experience, and skills. BWW benefits include: individual employee health insurance paid by BWW, optional family health insurance and Aflac paid by employee, ten paid holidays, with additional paid vacation and sick leave accrued throughout the year.
How to Apply:
Send Resume and Cover Letter to Ellen Goldwasser, Clinical & Wellness Director, email@example.com.
This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information from The Anti-Recidivism Coalition. If the reader of this email is not the intended recipient or the employee responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 213-955-5885.
DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.